Friends and Fellow Ministers.
Spring is sure to come eventually however for now it looks like we are in a deep freeze again. This winter has been full of ups and downs when it comes to weather. Take Heart. April is coming and along with it, warmer weather.
On behalf of the Spiritual Care Advisory Committee, I would like to invite you to an afternoon of discussion and practical teaching at Boundary Trails Health Centre on March 16 from 12:30-3:30 pm. The topic for the afternoon is “When I was Sick… A practical look at the Hospital Visit.” Every church is faced with hospital visitation at some time and it can be awkward and intimidating. This event will work to ease the uncomfortable feelings that come with a hospital visit.
The afternoon will include:
- A look at Daily Routines of patients and when the best visiting times are available.
- Practical Insights in making the most of a visit.
- An introduction to our new Communication Tool for Churches, how we are letting you know when people are in the hospital.
- A Q&A session with the Charge Nurse from the Medical Ward for all those burning questions you wish you could ask but didn’t know when.
- Roundtable discussions about difficult situations that you may face here in the hospital.
- Sign up and have your picture taken to get you Spiritual Care ID Badge. This allows access outside of visiting hours.
Looking forward to meeting you there,
Mike Giesbrecht (BTHC Spiritual Care Coordinator)